Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: assign tasks to specific nodes

Re: assign tasks to specific nodes
Thanks for replying Rev, but the link is talking about reducers which seems
to be like a similar case but what if I assigned priorities to the data
partitions (eg. partition B=1, partition C=2, partition A=3,...) such that
first map task is assigned partition B to run first. Then second map is
given partition C, .. etc. This is instead of assigning based on partition
size. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Mark