Pig, mail # user - Verifying unordered output with PigUnit

Verifying unordered output with PigUnit
Johannes Schwenk 2012-05-29, 12:35
Hello all,

I'd like to verify output from a pig script that does not sort its
results prior to output. Thus the order of the tuples in the output is
non-deterministic. I would rather not add sorting to my script, because
I am potentially dealing with a lot of data here. As I have found
PigLatin does not support conditional statements like "if PIG_UNIT_TEST
do stepsA else do stepsB fi" - so this is also not an option (besides
from having duplicate and differing logic for test and non-test runs!).

So how could I do this?

Greetings,
Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434