Pig >> mail # dev >> Understanding Logical Plan

+
Renato Marroquín Mogrovej... 2010-10-24, 19:59
+
Daniel Dai 2010-10-24, 21:13
+
Renato Marroquín Mogrovej... 2010-10-25, 00:37
Re: Understanding Logical Plan
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/NestedLogicalPlan

This doesn't reflect the current implementation but fundamental idea
remains the same. You may want to start from there.

Ashutosh
On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:59, Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know Pig builds a logical plan for every bag that the user defines, and
> that every new bag will have as its logical plan the combination of the
> input bags' logical plans and the comands it uses. Is there any other
> command that creates a logical plan? I guess the one that creates the first
> logical plan is the STORE comand. And how are the other commands' logical
> plans combined? For example if I have a join between two relations, it will
> create a single logical plan that contains the loading logical plans, but
> how does Pig decide which relation goes where? Or is that a part that
> happens while compiling the logical plan into MapReduce and not in the
> logical plan?
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Renato M.

+
Renato Marroquín Mogrovej... 2010-10-29, 02:22
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2010-10-29, 05:51
+
Renato Marroquín Mogrovej... 2010-11-03, 02:45