MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program

Re: Calling a MATLAB library in map reduce program
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-14, 20:00
To add to that, if you want to take advantage of MapReduce, e.g. you need
to do a distributed grouping or sort, pipes or streaming would be the way
to go.  If you're mainly interested in running your code in parallel on a
cluster, distributed shell, a YARN application outside of MapReduce, could
be a simpler way to accomplish this.

-Sandy
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Omkar Joshi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Can you take a look at distributed shell example? It will be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Omkar Joshi
> *Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I have to run some analytics on the files present in HDFS using a MATLAB
>> code. I am thinking of compiling the MATLAB code into a C++ library and
>> calling it in map reduce code. How can I implement this? I read Hadoop
>> streaming or Hadoop pipes can be used for this. But I have not tried it on
>> my own. Please share your valuable suggestions. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Regards,****
>>
>> Anand.C****
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel... 2013-08-16, 08:50