Hive >> mail # user >> .sql vs. .hql

Re: .sql vs. .hql
On May 31, 2013, at 13:52 , Sanjay Subramanian wrote:

> First u need to setup some files in HDFS and define some Hive tables ands
> point to the location and then start your journey !
>
> sanjay
Oh I'm miles past that.  I've been deploying Hive systems for well over a year now.  I'm just not used to working with input files.  I (and my end-users) have been one-query-at-a-time console queriers up until now (often batched through bash scripts and such), so all I need is to come up to speed on using .sql and .hql files.

Thanks.

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson