HBase, mail # user - question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 06:25
+
Azuryy Yu 2013-07-04, 08:57
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-04, 09:00
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-07-04, 10:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 06:09
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-05, 06:21
Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-05, 07:03
I saw the same code and also saw the following in RegionServerMetrics.java

/**
 * Number of times checksum verification failed.
 */
public final MetricsLongValue checksumFailuresCount   new MetricsLongValue("checksumFailuresCount", registry);

The registry is then registered in JMX via:

// export for JMX
statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);

And in doUpdates() I see the following:
this.checksumFailuresCount.pushMetric(this.metricsRecord);

In the constructor I see:
// export for JMX
statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);

Which makes me feel the metrics are exported. But for some reason in my
ganglia all I see is hbase.RegionServerDynamicStatistics which comes from a
different class. I don't see a group for RegionServerStatistics which is
strange.

Let me dig deeper and see if the metrics are getting suppressed somewhere.

Thanks,
Viral

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am not sure on the Ganglia side, but seeing the code i found this
> {code}
>   // For measuring number of checksum failures
>   static final AtomicLong checksumFailures = new AtomicLong();
> {code}
> And it was getting updated too.  Let me check on the JMX side if it really
> getting sent out to the Metrics system.  If not we can address that in the
> JIRA.
>
> Regards
> Ram

+