HBase >> mail # user >> question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read

Re: question about clienttrace logs in hdfs and shortcircuit read
I saw the same code and also saw the following in RegionServerMetrics.java

/**
 * Number of times checksum verification failed.
 */
public final MetricsLongValue checksumFailuresCount   new MetricsLongValue("checksumFailuresCount", registry);

The registry is then registered in JMX via:

// export for JMX
statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);

And in doUpdates() I see the following:
this.checksumFailuresCount.pushMetric(this.metricsRecord);

In the constructor I see:
// export for JMX
statistics = new RegionServerStatistics(this.registry, name);

Which makes me feel the metrics are exported. But for some reason in my
ganglia all I see is hbase.RegionServerDynamicStatistics which comes from a
different class. I don't see a group for RegionServerStatistics which is
strange.

Let me dig deeper and see if the metrics are getting suppressed somewhere.

Thanks,
Viral