Sqoop >> mail # dev >> When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?

+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 02:43
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 02:53
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 03:03
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 03:09
+
sam liu 2013-02-18, 04:50
Re: When use import tool to connect a database, is it possible to store the username and password in a separate properties file for security?
Hi Sam,
Would this option help?

--connection-param-file <filename>

Read more here - http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.2/SqoopUserGuide.html

Thanks,
Abhijeet

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM, sam liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> Is it possible or has any other similar methods? Because we really want to
> hide all connection related parameters like username/password in a
> properties file, for improving security. Our Sqoop version is 1.4.2.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam Liu

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-02-18, 15:59