Sqoop >> mail # dev >> SQOOP2: Issues with hadoop 1.0

+
vasanth kumar 2013-02-10, 13:23
Re: SQOOP2: Issues with hadoop 1.0
Hi Vasanth,
thank you trying Sqoop2 out. Please see my feedback inline:

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 06:53:45PM +0530, vasanth kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Apache Hadoop 1.0.4 and built sqoop 2.0 with hadoop.profile=100.
>
> Getting few errors while submission start command from sqoop2 console.
> java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected

This is typical error when code compiled against hadoop 2 is being executed on hadoop 1 (or vice versa). Building with -Dhadoop.profile=100 is definitely the correct way how to fix this. Would you mind rebuilding Sqoop with clean target as well to remove any previously compiled classes? Something like:

  mvn clean package -Dhadoop.profile=100

> Then I faced log4j in Tomcat, fixed with below property.
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES = false

As far as I know this is known incompatibility between log4j and tomcat [1] resulting in throwing random exceptions on class unload (mostly incorrect state) during Sqoop server shutdown. At the time I was investigating those Sqoop functionality seemed intact to me. Which make sense as class unload is done after the server is entirely down. I would more than happy to hear how the Sqoop server functionality is affected in your case.

> Kindly help on sqoop 2.0 building issue

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/systemprops.html