Sqoop >> mail # user >> /tmp dir for import configurable?

/tmp dir for import configurable?
Hi,

I am using sqoop to copy data from MySQL to S3:

(Sqoop 1.4.2-cdh4.2.0)
$ sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://server:port/db --username user
--password pass  --table tablename --target-dir s3n://xyz@somehwere/a/b/c
--fields-terminated-by='\001' -m 1 --direct

My problem is that sqoop temporarily stores the data on /tmp, which is not
big enough for the data. I am unable to find a configuration option to
point sqoop to a bigger partition/disk. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Christian
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-03-28, 15:50
+
Christian Prokopp 2013-03-28, 15:54
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-03-28, 21:49