HBase >> mail # dev >> Where to place HTable.exists() tests?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-05, 16:30
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-05, 17:01
Re: Where to place HTable.exists() tests?
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I changed the method signature with the one you have recommanded.

Regarding the test for exists, it's not really tested today. So I
agree that a HTable test class might be good. However, I think I'm not
good enought yet in HBase to build it. I will still try and see what I
can do. Can you point me to another test class which is doing tests
without starting the MiniCluster?

Thanks,

JM

2013/1/5, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> Look at the tests in the client package. Typically TestFromClientSide.
> You may want to write some 'pure' unit test as well (i.e. small category).
> Then you may want to create a specific class.
> And I wouldn't be against a test class for HTable, especially is it can be
> one that doesn't start a cluster.
>
> In all cases, public boolean[] exists(Get[] gets) is not good imho.
> You need this to be consistent with the API:
> public Boolean[] exists(List<Get> gets)
>
> Boolean and not boolean to manage the failures (null means failure for this
> get).
> List vs. array purely for consistency.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>
>> public boolean[] exists(Get[] gets

+