HBase >> mail # user >> RE: endpoint coprocessor performance

+
Kimdhamilton 2013-03-06, 04:54
+
Kim Hamilton 2013-03-08, 01:02
+
Gary Helmling 2013-03-08, 01:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-08, 01:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-08, 01:13
+
Kim Hamilton 2013-03-05, 01:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-05, 01:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-05, 02:05
+
James Taylor 2013-03-05, 01:58
+
Gary Helmling 2013-03-05, 02:23
Re: endpoint coprocessor performance
I see this is HBASE-6870.  I thought that sounded familiar.
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Gary Helmling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Check your logs for whether your end-point coprocessor is hitting
>> zookeeper on every invocation to figure out the region start key.
>> Unfortunately (at least last time I checked), the default way of invoking
>> an end point coprocessor doesn't use the meta cache. You can go through a
>> combination of the following instead:
>>     HRegionLocation regionLocation = retried ?
>>         connection.relocateRegion(**tableName, tableKey) :
>>         connection.locateRegion(**tableName, tableKey);
>> Then call HConnection.processExecs call, passing in the regionKeys from
>> above.
>> You can trap the error case of the region being relocated and try again
>> with retried = true and it'll update the meta data cache when
>> relocateRegion is called.
>>

> Any idea if we have an improvement logged in JIRA for this?  This is
> definitely something we should improve on.

+
Stephen Boesch 2013-03-05, 04:08
+
Kim Hamilton 2013-03-05, 21:13