Hadoop >> mail # user >> NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours

Re: NN Memory Jumps every 1 1/2 hours
I tried your suggested setting and forced GC from Jconsole and once it
crept up nothing was freeing up.

So just food for thought:

You said "average file name size is 32 bytes". Well most of my data sits in

/user/hive/warehouse/
Then I have a tables with partitions.

Does it make sense to just move this to "/u/h/w"?

Will I be saving 400,000,000 bytes of memory if I do?