MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Folks,

 The vast majority of of the planned features and API work is complete, thanks to everyone who contributed!

 I've created a branch-2.1-beta branch from which I anticipate I can make the first of our beta releases very shortly.

 For now the remaining work is to wrap up loose ends i.e. last minute api work (e.g. YARN-759 showed up last night for consideration), bug-fixes etc.; then run this through a battery of unit/system/integration tests and do a final review before we ship. There is more work remaining on documentation (e.g. HADOOP-9517) and I plan to personally focus on it this week - obviously help reviewing docs is very welcome.

 Committers, from now, please please exercise your judgement on where you commit. Typically, features should go into branch-2 with 2.3.0 as the version on jira (fix-version 2.3.0 is ready). The expectation is that 2.2.0 will be limited to content in branch-2.1-beta and we stick to stabilizing it henceforth (I've deliberately not created 2.2.0 fix-version on jira yet).

thanks,
Arun