HBase >> mail # user >> HBase secondary index performance

Re: HBase secondary index performance
2010/9/5 Samuru Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
>> where key will be [value:key] and insert rows every time, when we insert
>> our values. We will got 30k rows/s/node.
>
> Could you specify on what kind of hardware you did this?
3 node "cluster",  16Gb core2duo. sas raid10.

> How did you design your indexer? Is it multithreaded?
It is not and indexer, It is abstraction around HTable, which
does put plus additional puts (as described before) into index
tables. Later (i don't have actual date now), i release this
code, but it is not a rocket science.

30k - it is peak requests/ps not a constant rate. Effective rows
(json objects with 1-2 indexes on them and 100-500bytes) i got
1-3k objects per node.