Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya

+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-10-17, 19:07
+
Steve Loughran 2013-10-18, 14:35
Re: Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya
I would be very interested in looking into Hoya as well. I pulled down the
code and got as far as being able to create the accumulo cluster descriptor
through the "hoya create" command. When I tried the "hoya thaw" nothing
seemed to happen. Still debugging, but it would be very useful to see a
quick tutorial on the usage over google+ if possible. Thanks!
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi, I'm working on it, with bille helping on accumulo specifics & testing
>
>    1. The code is up on github; https://github.com/hortonworks/hoya . what
>    we don't have is any good issue tracking -I'm using our internal JIRA
>    server for that which is bad as it keeps the project less open -and
> loses
>    decision history
>    2.  we're on a two week sprint cycle, next one ends on monday with
>    another release coming out -focus on secure cluster support and better
>    liveness monitoring
>    3. Bille has been deploying accumulo with it.
>
> We're doing development with the focus on hbase, though it is designed to
> have different back ends "providers" -the accumulo one is the alternative,
> and most of what we do benefits both of them, it's just we are testing more
> with HBase and adding some features (liveness probes) there first.
>
> If we could get broader participation that would help with the accumulo
> testing and mean that we could put it into the Apache Incubation process
> -they insist on that broadness by the time you get out of incubation.
>
> -contact me if you want to know more
>
> -i'd be happy to do a remote presentation of hoya over google+ or webex.
>
> I'm actually trying to set up a remote-only-YARN-HUG group between the US,
> EU and Asia, where we'd have remote-only sessions in different timezones;
> Hoya would be one of the topics.
>

> On 17 October 2013 20:07, Ed Kohlwey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone knows what the current status of Accumulo in
> Hoya
> > is. We're really interested in running Accumulo in Yarn in a production
> > environment and helping to mature the project to the point that we could
> do
> > so.
> >
> > Are the current issues mostly around testing or are there some known
> issues
> > already? Would it help to be able to run over a large cluster or is there
> > some additional development that needs to be done?
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Billie Rinaldi 2013-10-18, 15:15
+