MapReduce >> mail # user >> RecordReader Progress Reporting.

RecordReader Progress Reporting.
I'd like to get some idea on how the task scheduler relies on RecordReader.getProgress() with version 0.20.2.

There are times when I don't have an accurate count of the total records to be processed, and I wonder the impact on task scheduling when returning an inaccurate progress percentage.  I found that when I return either 0 when not done and 1 when done will make the job hang.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jane