Hive >> mail # user >> Error while Creating Table in Hive

+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 17:13
+
shashwat shriparv 2012-06-05, 18:02
+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 18:13
+
shashwat shriparv 2012-06-05, 18:15
+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 18:20
+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 18:23
+
shashwat shriparv 2012-06-05, 18:34
+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 18:43
+
Babak Bastan 2012-06-05, 19:30
Re: Error while Creating Table in Hive
Hi Babak

You gotta follow those instructions in the apace site to set up hadoop from scratch and ensure that hdfs is working first. You should be able to read and write files to hdfs before you do your next steps.

Are you on CDH or apache distribution of hadoop? If it is CDH there are detailed instructions on Cloudera web site.
Regards
Bejoy KS