Hadoop >> mail # user >> Can't start the namenode

Re: Can't start the namenode
I kind of found the problem. If I open the logs directory, I see that this
log file is created by hdfs

-rw-r--r-- 1 hdfs hdfs 1399 Jul  6 21:48
hadoop-hadoop-namenode-myservername.log

whereas the rest of the logs are created by root, and they have no problem
doing this.

I can adjust permissions on the logs directory, but I would expect this
automatics.