Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Create nested paths

+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:08
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 00:23
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:26
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 00:46
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:52
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 02:59
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 03:04
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 03:16
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 19:17
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 23:05
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 23:14
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 23:27
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 23:30
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 23:25
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 23:28
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 18:13
Re: Create nested paths
No. Version number won't change the fact that I am spacy.

I meant the check op.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 1, 2012, at 10:13 AM, "Shelley, Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't see an Op.exists() method. Check, Create, Delete and SetData. I'm
> on 3.4.3, if that makes a difference.
>
> On 2/29/12 7:16 PM, "Ted Dunning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Marshall McMullen <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, Ted's right. The multi has to fail as that's part of the contract
>>> it
>>> guarantees.
>>>
>>> The only thing you could do, which will significantly narrow the race
>>> condition, is as you're *building *the multi, check if the path already
>>> exists. If so, then don't add the create op for that path into the
>>> multi.
>>> Of course this may not work in every situation, but we use that
>>> approach in
>>> many code paths and it works well.
>>>

>> Another approach is to compose one multi with Op.exists() for each level
>> so
>> that you find everything you need, then create another with the correct
>> Op.create() operations.  That gets the problem down to two server
>> round-trips but still has the race condition.

+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 18:15
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 18:46