HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data

+
Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren 2013-01-08, 08:56
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-08, 06:36
+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-01-08, 05:05
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-08, 05:12
+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-01-08, 05:38
Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data
What type of disks and how many?
With the default replication factor your 2 (or 6) GB are actually replicated 3 times.
6GB/80s = 75MB/s, twice that if you do not disable the WAL, which a reasonable machine should be able to absorb.
The fact that deferred log flush does not help you seems to indicate that you're over IO bound.
What's your memstore flush size? Potentially the data is written many times during compactions.
In your case you dial down the HDFS replication, since you only have two physical machines anyway.
(Set it to 2. If you do not specify any failure zones, you might as well set it to 1... You will lose data if one of your server machines dies anyway).

It does not really make that much sense to deploy HBase and HDFS on virtual nodes like this.
-- Lars