HDFS >> mail # dev >> How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?

Re: How to monitor HDFS upgrade status after removal of "dfsadmin -upgradeProgress status" command?
Hi Scott,

Is your goal to monitor the metadata upgrade? It can be checked on the web UI.

Before finalization, you can see a message on the top banner on the NN
frontpage such as:

"Upgrade for version -40 is in progress. Status = 94% has been
completed. Upgrade is not finalized."

After the upgrade procedure completes, its "Upgrade for version -40
has been completed. Upgrade is not finalized."

At which point you can check for operational stability and issue a
finalize to make the upgrade permanent.

Does this help? Is there anything else you'd like to see?

--
Harsh J