Hive >> mail # user >> HiveServer can not handle concurrent requests from more than one client?

Re: HiveServer can not handle concurrent requests from more than one client?
Thanks for the answers.

I had already read it but both pages (and the jira) are not very explicit
about the problem.

According to the proposal for HiveServer2, the current hive server provides
no insurance about "session state in between calls".
If that was all, it is something that can be lived with. It only means that
for a JDBC client, all requests should be conceived as isolated.

The page of the Hive Server (1) says "HiveServer can not handle concurrent
requests from more than one client."
According to the jira, one may run into issues when multiples users are
running it. Is that true regardless of the configuration?
It should not be interpreted as "query will be executed one after the
other", like Ranjiht said?

Eg what would be the impact of hive.exec.parallel or
hive.support.concurrency?

What would be the recommended way for providing a hive access to multiple
users to a production environnement which is thightly fire walled? Ssh is
not a viable solution in my context and the hive web interface does not
seem mature enough.

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux