Hive, mail # user - A tool to analyze and tune performance for Hive?

Re: A tool to analyze and tune performance for Hive?
Jie Li 2012-12-14, 02:49
Thanks for the pointer to HiTune. The dataflow graphs in the paper looks nice.

The potential issues I can see:
1) the data collection requires a Chukwa cluster being set up. Seems
too heavy-weight?
2) drill down analysis. Besides those graphs shown in the paper, can
users further drill down to the query or jobs?

It'll be nice to have some sample data available, so users can try a quick demo.

Jie