MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Unknown processes unable to terminate

Re: Unknown processes unable to terminate
Sai Sai 2013-03-04, 09:42
I have a list of following processes given below, i am trying to kill the process 13082 using:

kill 13082

Its not terminating RunJar.

I have done a stop-all.sh hoping it would stop all the processes but only stopped the hadoop related processes.
I am just wondering if it is necessary to stop all other processes before starting the hadoop process and how to stop these other processes.

Here is the list of processes which r appearing:

30969 FileSystemCat
30877 FileSystemCat
5647 StreamCompressor
32200 DataNode