HBase >> mail # user >> how to get the failed rows when executing a batch PUT request?

how to get the failed rows when executing a batch PUT request?
I checked the Java doc on "put(List<Put> puts)" of HTableInterface and it does not say how to get the failed rows in case exception happened (see below): can I assume the failed rows are contained in "puts" list?

Throws:
InterruptedIOException
RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException

Compared to the Java doc of "delete(List<Delete> deletes)", it clearly says how to get failed rows:

Throws:
IOException - if a remote or network exception occurs. In that case the deletes argument will contain the Delete instances that have not be successfully applied.