HBase, mail # user - When node is down

+
David Charle 2012-06-22, 03:17
Re: When node is down
Michael Segel 2012-06-22, 03:35
Assuming that you have an Apache release (Apache, HW, Cloudera) ...
(If MapR, replace the drive and you should be able to repair the cluster from the console. Node doesn't go down. )
Node goes down.
10 min later, cluster sees node down. Should then be able to replicate the missing blocks.

Replace disk w new disk and rebuild file system.
Bring node up.
Rebalance cluster.

That should be pretty much it.
On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:17 PM, David Charle wrote:

> What is the best practice to remove a node and add the same node back for
> hbase/hadoop ?
>
> Currently in our 10 node cluster; 2 nodes went down (bad disk, so node is
> down as its the root volume+data); need to replace the disk and add them
> back. Any quick suggestions or pointers to doc for the right procedure ?
>
> --
> David
+
Tom Brown 2012-06-22, 13:41