HBase >> mail # user >> stargate 20.6 with hbase 20.2

RE: stargate 20.6 with hbase 20.2
The basic steps are the same, but to go from 0.20 to 0.90 there is no actual "migrate" step.  On the HBase side, all that is required is shutting down the old version and coming back up with the new version.  You need to handle the Hadoop upgrade as well as laid out on that wiki page.

You may want to backup your hbase directory on HDFS to be safe.  Once you upgrade to 0.90 there is no easy way to go back unless you have a backup.

JG