Hadoop, mail # user - Throw an exception if the configure method fails

Throw an exception if the configure method fails
Saptarshi Guha 2009-03-06, 00:24
hello,
I'm not that comfortable with java, so here is my question. In the
MapReduceBase class, i have implemented the configure method, which
does not throw an exception. Suppose I detect an error in some
options, i wish to raise an exception(in the configure method) - is
there a way to do that? Is there a way to stop the job in case the
configure method fails?,
Saptarshi Guha

[1] My map extends MapReduceBase and my reduce extends MapReduceBase -
two separate classes.

Thank you