Hadoop >> mail # user >> Throw an exception if the configure method fails

Throw an exception if the configure method fails
hello,
I'm not that comfortable with java, so here is my question. In the
MapReduceBase class, i have implemented the configure method, which
does not throw an exception. Suppose I detect an error in some
options, i wish to raise an exception(in the configure method) - is
there a way to do that? Is there a way to stop the job in case the
configure method fails?,
Saptarshi Guha

[1] My map extends MapReduceBase and my reduce extends MapReduceBase -
two separate classes.

Thank you