Accumulo, mail # user - importdirectory in accumulo

+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:04
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:15
+
John Vines 2013-04-03, 18:17
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-03, 18:19
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 18:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-03, 18:36
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-03, 20:11
+
Christopher 2013-04-03, 20:16
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-03, 20:57
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 13:33
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-04, 13:55
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 13:59
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 14:14
+
John Vines 2013-04-04, 14:18
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 14:46
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-04, 15:55
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 17:27
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-04, 18:25
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 18:41
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 18:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-04, 18:51
+
Aji Janis 2013-04-04, 19:26
Re: importdirectory in accumulo
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-04, 19:51
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't tried the classpath option yet, but I executed the below command
> as hadoop user ... this seemed to be the command that accumulo was trying
> to execute anyway and I am not sure but I would think this should have
> avoided the custom classpath issue... Right/Wrong?

No, the jar needs to be both in the libjars and on the classpath.  There
are classes that need to be accessed on the local machine in the process of
submitting the MapReduce job, and this only can see the classpath, not the
libjars.

The HADOOP_CLASSPATH you have is unusual.  More often, HADOOP_CLASSPATH is
not set at all in hadoop-env.sh, but if it is it should generally be of the
form newstuff:$HADOOP_CLASSPATH to avoid this issue.

You will have to restart Hadoop after making the change to hadoop-env.sh.

Billie

> Got the same error:
> *[hadoop@node]$ /opt/hadoop/bin/hadoop jar
> /opt/accumulo/lib/examples-simple-1.4.2.jar
> org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.mapreduce.bulk.BulkIngestExample
> -libjars
> "/opt/accumulo/lib/libthrift-0.6.1.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/accumulo-core-1.4.2.jar,/opt/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.3.3.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/cloudtrace-1.4.2.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-configuration-1.5.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-io-1.4.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-jci-core-1.0.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-jci-fam-1.0.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar,/opt/accumulo/lib/commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar"
> *
> *
> *
> org/apache/accumulo/core/client/Instance
>         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:149)
> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.Instance
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>         ... 3 more
>

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> *[accumulo@node accumulo]$ cat /opt/hadoop/conf/hadoop-env.sh | grep
>>> HADOOP_CLASSPATH*
>>> export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=./:/conf:/build/*:
>>>

>> To preserve custom HADOOP_CLASSPATHs, this line should be:
>> export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=./:/conf:/build/*:$HADOOP_CLASSPATH
>>
>> Billie
>>

>>> looks like it is overwriting everything. Isn't this the default
>>> behavior? Is you hadoop-env.sh missing that line?

+
Aji Janis 2013-04-05, 15:36
+
David Medinets 2013-04-05, 22:01