HBase >> mail # user >> Two simple questions about distributed mode

+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-09-11, 14:03
Re: Two simple questions about distributed mode
For #1, the region servers would report to master. So no.

For #2, region server has to be started individually.

bq. is it sufficient to launch it on one of them?

No.
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Sznajder ForMailingList <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Here are two simple questions:
>

> Let's suppose I have three servers in my cluster serv1, serv2, and serv3.
>
> Question 1 : Must I add the <b>three</b> servers in the conf/regionservers
> file?
>
> Question 2 : Must I launch bin/start-hbase.sh file on each one of the
> servers or is it sufficient to launch it on one of them?
>

> Thanks a lot
>
> Benjamin

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-11, 14:20