HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.

Re: HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.
I've usually relied on cluster management tools when I'm at this point with
an HBase cluster, but I guess we could add the same option that we have for
ZK in hbase-env.sh, basically if you set HBASE_MANAGES_REST to true the
scripts will start/stop the REST servers on the slave machines. Same for
Thrift.

I would not go as far as adding different sets of machines a la
conf/regionservers if your Thrift or REST servers lay on different machines
than your region servers.

J-D