Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Help with error

Re: Help with error
Hi Bobby

On Apr 9, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Robert Evans wrote:

> What do you mean by relocated some supporting files to HDFS?  How do you relocate them?  What API do you use?

I use the LocalResource and FileSystem classes to do the relocation, per the Hadoop example:

// set local resources for the application master
// local files or archives as needed
// In this scenario, the jar file for the application master is part of the local resources
Map<String, LocalResource> localResources = new HashMap<String, LocalResource>();

LOG.info("Copy openmpi tarball from local filesystem and add to local environment");
// Copy the application master jar to the filesystem
// Create a local resource to point to the destination jar path
FileSystem fs;
FileStatus destStatus;
try {
   fs = FileSystem.get(conf);
   Path src = new Path(pathOMPItarball);
   String pathSuffix = appName + "/" + appId.getId();
   Path dst = new Path(fs.getHomeDirectory(), pathSuffix);
   try {
fs.copyFromLocalFile(false, true, src, dst);
try {
   destStatus = fs.getFileStatus(dst);
   LocalResource amJarRsrc = Records.newRecord(LocalResource.class);

   // Set the type of resource - file or archive
   // archives are untarred at destination
   amJarRsrc.setType(LocalResourceType.ARCHIVE);
   // Set visibility of the resource
   // Setting to most private option
   amJarRsrc.setVisibility(LocalResourceVisibility.APPLICATION);
   // Set the resource to be copied over
   amJarRsrc.setResource(ConverterUtils.getYarnUrlFromPath(dst));
   // Set timestamp and length of file so that the framework
   // can do basic sanity checks for the local resource
   // after it has been copied over to ensure it is the same
   // resource the client intended to use with the application
   amJarRsrc.setTimestamp(destStatus.getModificationTime());
   amJarRsrc.setSize(destStatus.getLen());
   localResources.put("openmpi",  amJarRsrc);
} catch (Throwable t) {
   LOG.fatal("Error on file status", t);
   System.exit(1);
}
   } catch (Throwable t) {
LOG.fatal("Error on copy from local file", t);
System.exit(1);
   }
} catch (Throwable t) {
   LOG.fatal("Error getting filesystem configuration", t);
   System.exit(1);
}

Note that this appears to work fine when the local resource type was "file" - at least, I was able to make a simple program work that way. Problem I'm having is when I move an archive, which is why I was hoping to look at the HDFS end to see what files are present, and in what locations so I can set the paths accordingly.

Thanks
Ralph