Hadoop >> mail # general >> where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
On 8 March 2013 18:47, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was chatting offline with Roman about this, his point is
>
> 1* segration of the FS impls into different modules makes sense
> 2* it should be OK if they have mock services for unittests

not so much mock tests as live tests against individual features (rename,
delete, mkdirs), but not full tests of MR jobs, Pig jobs, etc -which verify
that real code works with it
> 3* bigtop could do real integration testing

exactly -it's at the end of the dependency graph, and the best place to do
that
> 4* by doing this, the diff FileSystem impls would be there out of the box
>
> If we go down this path, I'm OK with it.
>

> Thoughts?

This is exactly what I've been thinking