Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:24
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-27, 08:01
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-07-27, 06:59
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-07-27, 05:39
+
Hitesh Shah 2012-07-27, 04:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-27, 03:53
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-27, 03:56
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-07-27, 04:53
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-27, 21:26
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 21:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-27, 14:10
+
Tom White 2012-07-27, 13:44
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 18:58
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-07-30, 15:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-07-31, 18:53
+
Devaraj Das 2012-07-31, 21:46
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-08-01, 04:17
+
Stephan Kang 2012-08-01, 13:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 07:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-08, 19:29
+
Tom White 2012-08-13, 21:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-14, 18:19
Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
I personally am +1 for only pulling over committers from MR that have been
active on YARN.  Like Arun said YARN is new code and not everything in MR
applies directly to YARN or vise versa.

--Bobby

On 8/14/12 1:19 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Tom,
>
>On Aug 13, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Tom White wrote:
>> The committer list needs to be set up
>> by editing
>>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/subversion/author
>>ization/asf-authorization-template.
>
>Good point, thanks for pointing it out.
>
>> It should have the initial contents of the MR committer list. When we
>>split the committer lists for Hadoop into Common, HDFS, MR we made
>> them all start out with the Hadoop list, so we should do the same for
>>splitting YARN out of MR.
>

>For a while now, we maintain distinct committer lists for HDFS &
>MapReduce and nominations for new committers are based on their
>contributions to the individual sub-project.
>
>Following that I would like to propose the following.
>
>Given that:
># YARN is a substantial (~100K LoC) and new body of work which has been
>around for nearly 18 months now.
># It is also very distinct from Hadoop MapReduce itself, as discussed in
>this thread, and wasn't derived from any of the existing Hadoop
>sub-projects.
>I propose we define the list as the committers who have been active and
>have made significant contributions to the project.
>
>A quick review of subversion leads me to suggest the following list (in
>lexical order).
>If there is anyone who has contributed significantly to YARN and is not
>on that list, please accept my apologies in advance and let me know, I'll
>add you in.
>
>* Alejandro Abdelnur
>* Arun C. Murthy
>* Chris Douglas
>* Hitesh Shah
>* Jonathan Eagles
>* Luke Lu
>* Mahadev Konar
>* Robert Evans
>* Siddharth Seth
>* Sharad Agarwal
>* Thomas Graves
>* Vinod Kumar V
>
>This approach seems consistent with what we have done historically with
>other new sub-projects such as Hive, Pig, HBase, ZooKeeper, etc. and with
>the Apache principle of Meritocracy.
>Also, since we're starting with folks from 6 companies we already meet
>the Incubator criteria for diversity, which seems healthy.
>
>Obviously, additional contributors will be encouraged to join the
>sub-project via the normal mechanisms.
>
>Last, not least, most people on the MapReduce committer list are already
>part of the Hadoop PMC and hence they have svn rights if necessary - this
>doesn't change that and we continue to trust them.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>thanks,
>Arun

+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 00:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-15, 15:52
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 21:24
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-15, 21:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-16, 18:27
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-16, 20:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 19:59
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:08
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-16, 21:34
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-17, 00:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-17, 02:37
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-17, 05:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-21, 22:46
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-22, 18:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-22, 18:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-23, 18:13
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-23, 18:33
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-24, 02:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-24, 04:08
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-23, 19:43
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-17, 17:13
+
Thomas Graves 2012-08-13, 14:16
+
Jason Lowe 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Ryan Grymes 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-16, 22:31
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-15, 03:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-15, 05:58