HBase >> mail # dev >> Label for JIRAs with patches that are "almost there"

Re: Label for JIRAs with patches that are "almost there"
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Alex Baranau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Sorry guys I had leave early (the dev powwow).
>
> On the bright side (?) while I was walking back to the office this is an
> idea I got about getting patches in (and JIRAs closed). Will it help to
> have a special label that reviewer can add to JIRA issue iff:
> * the patch is in such a good shape and there are just minor things left
> that even reviewer can adjust to make it committable.
>
> This might help to close those issues that can be closed quickly (and that
> don't get attention because guys are busy looking at not-so-ready patches
> and because patch provider disappeared). But not sure.
Thanks for coming Alex.

Not sure.

Usually weeding issues, I will pay attention to ones marked 'Patch
Available' but then after skimming all the ways through the issue find that
the available patch is still in need of finishing or back and forth
suggested that the direction was flawed.

You are suggesting that a new label in here that is beyond Patch Available,
('Committable'?), would distingush the merely patch availables from the
stuff that is effectively there.

We could go that route.  Better weeding where stuff that has a patch but it
is not committable should have their state changed back to Open.  That
might serve a similar purpose?

What you reckon?
St.Ack