HBase >> mail # user >> How to design a data warehouse in HBase?

+
bigdata 2012-12-13, 05:57
Re: How to design a data warehouse in HBase?
For OLAP type queries you will generally be better off with a truly column oriented database.
You can probably shoehorn HBase into this, but it wasn't really designed with raw scan performance along single columns in mind.

________________________________
 From: bigdata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:57 PM
Subject: How to design a data warehouse in HBase?

Dear all,
We have a traditional star-model data warehouse in RDBMS, now we want to transfer it to HBase. After study HBase, I learn that HBase is normally can be query by rowkey.
1.full rowkey (fastest)2.rowkey filter (fast)3.column family/qualifier filter (slow)
How can I design the HBase tables to implement the warehouse functions, like:1.Query by DimensionA2.Query by DimensionA and DimensionB3.Sum, count, distinct ...
>From my opinion, I should create several HBase tables with all combinations of different dimensions as the rowkey. This solution will lead to huge data duplication. Is there any good suggestions to solve it?
Thanks a lot!
+
Michel Segel 2012-12-13, 08:43