Pig >> mail # user >> Pig 0.9.2 and avro on S3

Pig 0.9.2 and avro on S3
Hi all,

Is this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2540 applicable to
plain ec2 instances as well. I seem to have hit a snag with Apache Pig
version 0.9.2-cdh4.0.1 (rexported) and avro files on S3. My hadoop cluster
is made of Amazon ec2 instances.

Here is my load statement :

dimRad = LOAD 's3n://credentials@bucket/dimensions/2012/11/29/20121129-000159123456/dim'
USING
  AVRO_STORAGE AS
   (a:int
  , b:chararray
  );

and it gives me a :

2012-11-30 20:42:44,205 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 1200: Wrong FS:
s3n://credentials@bucket/dimensions/2012/11/29/20121129-000159123456/dim,
expected: hdfs://ec2-1xxxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8020
Thanks,
Meg
+
meghana narasimhan 2012-11-30, 21:05