HBase >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download

+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-06, 05:25
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-07, 01:24
Re: [ANNOUNCE] The 1st hbase 0.94.6 release candidate is available for download
Let's fix this today if possible, and I'll cut a new rc today.

Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Looks like RC0 has a bug.
>
>Richard Ding reported problem shutting down region server.
>See HBASE-8019.
>
>On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The 1st 0.94.6 RC is available for download at
>> http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.6-rc0/
>>
>> Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328
>>
>> 0.94.6 is a primarily a bug fix release. This RC has 39 issues resolved
>> against it, contributed by 25 individuals.
>> These are mostly bug fixes. Don't be fooled by the comparatively small
>> number of issues; one of them is a giant back port of the HBase snapshots
>> feature.
>>
>> The full list of changes is available here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12323907
>>
>> Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and
>> vote +1/-1 by March 12th on whether we should release this as 0.94.6.
>>
>> The release testing spreadsheet is available here:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDJmUzJETEY0WlNrNTlLaGxOT1ZFN0E#gid=0
>> (if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so
>> that we can gauge the coverage)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Lars
+