HDFS, mail # dev - A question about reading one block

Re: A question about reading one block
Harsh J 2012-10-28, 02:41
Vivi,

Assuming you know how to get the block info out of a file's metadata,
opening a file for read (with FileSystem.open API, etc.) with an
offset and length set to to match that of a block, will open and read
only that block.

--
Harsh J