Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-04-26, 01:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-26, 18:02
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-26, 23:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-27, 01:06
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-04-30, 23:28
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-01, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 23:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 01:24
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-02, 07:07
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:11
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-03, 00:53
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-02, 09:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-02, 22:05
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-03, 08:06
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-03, 15:23
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 19:13
+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-04-26, 23:52
+
Amir Sanjar 2013-04-26, 02:23
+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-29, 22:37
Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

yes Steve.

Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

System Management Architect
PowerLinux Open Source Hadoop development lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858

From: Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Date: 04/29/2013 05:40 PM
Subject: Re: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta

you need those patches to remove sun-specific bits in, don't you?

On 25 April 2013 19:23, Amir Sanjar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Arun, thanks for the update. This is indeed the news we (IBM) have been
> waiting for. Please let us know if there is anyway
> we can help.
>
> Best Regards
> Amir Sanjar
>
> System Management Architect
> PowerLinux Open Source Hadoop development lead
> IBM Senior Software Engineer
> Phone# 512-286-8393
> Fax#      512-838-8858
>

> [image: Inactive hide details for Arun C Murthy ---04/25/2013 08:34:55
> PM---Gang, With hadoop-2.0.4-alpha released, I'd like 2.0.4 to]Arun C
> Murthy ---04/25/2013 08:34:55 PM---Gang,  With hadoop-2.0.4-alpha
released,
> I'd like 2.0.4 to be the final of our hadoop-2.x alphas. We
>
> From: Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> Date: 04/25/2013 08:34 PM
> Subject: Heads up - 2.0.5-beta
> ------------------------------
>

> Gang,
>
> With hadoop-2.0.4-alpha released, I'd like 2.0.4 to be the final of our
> hadoop-2.x alphas. We have made lots of progress on hadoop-2.x and I
> believe we are nearly there, exciting times!
>
> As we have discussed previously, I hope to do a final push to stabilize
> hadoop-2.x, release a hadoop-2.0.5-beta in the next month or so; and then
> declare hadoop-2.1 as stable this summer after a short period of
intensive
> testing.
>
> With that in mind, I really want to make a serious push to lock down APIs
> and wire-protocols for hadoop-2.0.5-beta. Thus, we can confidently
support
> hadoop-2.x in a compatible manner in the future. So, it's fine to add new
> features, but please ensure that all APIs are frozen for
hadoop-2.0.5-beta

> Vinod is helping out on the YARN/MR side and has tagged a number of final
> changes (including some the final API incompatibilities) we'd like to
push
> in before we call hadoop-2.x as ready to be supported (Target Version set
> to 2.0.5-beta):
> http://s.apache.org/target-hadoop-2.0.5-beta
> Thanks Vinod! (Note some of the sub-tasks of umbrella jiras may not be
> tagged, but their necessity is implied).
>
> Similarly on HDFS side, can someone please help out by tagging features,
> bug-fixes, protocol/API changes etc.? This way we can ensure HDFS APIs &
> protocols are locked down too - I'd really appreciate it!
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy