Hadoop >> mail # general >> Release plans

On 2/18/2010 5:19 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher wrote:
> Do we have consensus around rebasing on 0.21? Anyone already testing on 0.21
> who would be upset if the current branch were to be retired?

Rebasing 0.21 will further delay the release.
In current 0.21 branch there is some 28 blockers,
which will take a couple of weeks to fix.
The rebased 0.21 will add to this more issues, and therefore
more time. Based on the experience I had time to stabilize
the release is measured in months rather than weeks.

--Konstantin