Hadoop >> mail # user >> Backup and upgrade practices?

Backup and upgrade practices?
Hi,

I am planning a small Hadoop cluster, but looking ahead, are there cheaps
option to have a back up of the data? If I later want to upgrade the
hardware, do I make a complete copy, or do I upgrade one node at a time?

Thank you,
Mark