Flume >> mail # dev >> MorphlineInterceptor questions

MorphlineInterceptor questions
Hi,

While poking around MorphlineSolrSink I got intrigued by
MorphlineIntercepor in ...solr.morphline package.  A few Qs:

1) This is also not Solr-specific, right?

2) I couldn't find any code in ...solr.morphline package that actually
uses this MorphlineInterceptor... is it not used?

3) I see Morphline command's "process(...)" method being called from
both MorphlineIntercetor AND from MorphlineHandlerImpl.  How come?  My
impression is that MorphlineHandlerImpl code is what is actually meant
to be used, while MorphlineInterceptor doesn't seem to be used....
what am I missing? :)

4) I found the following in the Flume Guide: "This interceptor is not
intended for heavy duty ETL processing - if you need this consider
moving ETL processing from the Flume Source to a Flume Sink".
Why should one not use MorphlineInterceptor for heavy duty ETL processing?

Thanks,
Otis