HDFS >> mail # user >> Selecting a task for the tasktracker

Selecting a task for the tasktracker
Hi,
If I understand correctly, the job scheduler (why is the class called
TaskScheduler?) is responsible for assigning the task whose split is as
close as possible to the tasktacker.
Meaning that the job scheduler is responsible to two things:

   1. Selecting a job.
   2. Once a job is selected, assign the closest task to the tasktracker
   that send the heartbeat.

Is this correct?

I want to write my own job scheduler to change the logic above, but it says The
type TaskScheduler is not visible.
How can I write my own scheduler?

thanks
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-12-27, 15:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-12-27, 18:11
+
Yaron Gonen 2012-12-27, 21:18