Hive, mail # user - .sql vs. .hql

Re: .sql vs. .hql
Keith Wiley 2013-05-31, 20:47
Thanks!  I'm always up for a good book.  Our case is a little open-ended right now, a little difficult to nail down or describe.  Basically, I'm deploying Hive systems for a SQl-comfortable data analyst (who is also quite versed in Hive) who would like to run .sql files in Hive and I need to clearly understand how Hive uses input files and how .sql and .hql may differ.

Cheers!

On May 31, 2013, at 13:20 , Sanjay Subramanian wrote:

> For Hive u need the other bible by Dean Wampler , Edward Capriolo et al
> Also if u tell us what use cases u have we could provide helpŠ
>
> sanjay
>
> On 5/31/13 1:17 PM, "Keith Wiley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for documentation on how to use .sql and .hql files in Hive
>> and what the differences are between the two file types.  I'm not even
>> certain .hql is a real thing, but I'm looking.  I didn't see any mention
>> of this issue in White's Hadoop book, at least not clearly indicated in
>> the index.
>>
>> Thanks.

>> ______
>> Keith Wiley     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     keithwiley.com
>> music.keithwiley.com
>>
>> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>>                                          --  Yoda
>> ______
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> =====================> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei