Hive >> mail # user >> Problem with Hive JDBC server

RE: Problem with Hive JDBC server
Since it's small can you post the code?

From: Gabor Makrai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 11:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with Hive JDBC server

Hi guys,

I'm writing you because I experienced a very strange problem which probably affects all Hive distribution.
I made a small "only main function" Java program where I'm only connecting to my Hive JDBC, and getting the list of the database tables (LIST TABLES) and closing the ResultSet, the Statement and the Connection and doing this a 1000 times. The problem is that the running Hive JDBC server does not release files and with time it will throw Exception because, it will get "Too many open files" IOException from the JVM.

I tested with Hive 0.9, 0.8.1, and the patched Hive 0.9 installed in CDH4.1.1.

If it is a know issue, than could you tell me the solution for it? If it is not, than I can create a new ticket in Jira, and with a little help, I probably can fix the problem and contribute the solution for it.

Thanks,
Gabor