Hive, mail # user - Set the number of mapper in hive

Set the number of mapper in hive
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 09:02
Hi everyone,

My cluster also runs HBase for real time processing. Hive query (on a big
table) occupies all the map tasks so that the other service cannot run
properly.
Does anyone know how to limit the number of running map in hive?
I see mapred.reduce.tasks in the configuration properties, but I don't see
the configuration for mapper.

Thank you.

Regards,
Philips
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-07, 09:15
+
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 09:38
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-07, 09:48
+
Philips Kokoh Prasetyo 2012-12-07, 11:44