Hive >> mail # dev >> VOTE: Remove phabricator instructions from hive-development guide (wiki), officially only support Apache's review board.

Re: VOTE: Remove phabricator instructions from hive-development guide (wiki), officially only support Apache's review board.
+1
But I have found that apache reviewboard is sometimes flaky. I assume
that we can still use phabricator in one-off cases, if there is an
extended downtime for reviewboard.
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Major +1 (non-binding).  Using 3rd party tools where we have no option for support or help is not good.
>
> Alan.
>
> On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:
>
>> Our wiki has instructions for posting to phabricator for code reviews.
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/PhabricatorCodeReview
>>
>> Phabricator now requires an external facebook account to review patches,
>> and we have no technical support contact where phabricator is hosted. It
>> also seems like some of the phabricator features are no longer working.
>>
>> Apache has a review board system many people are already using.
>> https://reviews.apache.org/account/login/?next_page=/dashboard/
>>
>> This vote is to remove the phabricator instructions from the wiki. The
>> instructions will reference review board and that will be the only system
>> that Hive supports for patch review process.
>>
>> +1 is a vote for removing the phabricator instructions from the wiki.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Edward
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE