Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Metadata URI error

Re: Hive Metadata URI error
Thanks for all your suggestions. I terminated my instances and re-launched
a set of new instances. And, installed hive via apt-get. I do not see any
problem now. Earlier, I had installed hive by downloading the tarball.

Interestingly, I noticed hive-site.xml file when installed through apt-get
(and did not see that file when installed using tarball. Had to manually
create it.).

-PD.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Carl Steinbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Periya,
>
> You should only set the hive.metastore.uris property if you are running a
> standalone MetaStore server, in which case you need to set
> hive.metastore.local=false and set hive.metastore.uris to a Thrift URI.
> Please see this document for more details:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+MetastoreAdmin
>
> Thanks.
>
> Carl
>

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Kirk True <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  To me it looks like the error message is getting a blank for the URI
>> property value. Can you triple-check the property _name_ is correct
>> (including capitalization)?
>>

>> On 12/11/11 9:35 PM, Periya.Data wrote:
>>
>> Sam: I added "file://". Now it looks like this:
>> <value>file:///home/users/jtv/CDH3/hive/conf/metastore_db</value>
>>
>> The problem has not gone away. I still have the same problem. I tried
>> rebooting my ec-2 instance. Still no difference.
>>
>> What does it mean by "does not have a scheme". What is it expecting?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> PD.
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Sam Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>  Try file:// in front of the property value...
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> On Dec 12, 2011, at 12:07 AM, "Periya.Data" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,
>>>    I am trying to create Hive tables on an EC2 instance. I get this
>>> strange error about URI schema and log4j properties not found. I do not
>>> know how to fix this.
>>>
>>> On EC2 instance : Ubuntu 10.04, Hive-0.7.1-cdh3u2.
>>>
>>> Initially I did not have an entry for hive.metastore.uris property in my
>>> hive-default.xml file. So, I created one.  Still, I get the errors as
>>> pasted below. I was under the assumption that if we leave the uris value
>>> blank, it is will assume the local metastore.
>>>
>>> <property>
>>>   <name>hive.metastore.local</
>>> name>
>>>   <value>true</value>
>>>   <description>controls whether to connect to remove metastore server or
>>> open a new metastore server in Hive Client JVM</description>
>>> </property>
>>>
>>> <property>
>>>   <name>hive.metastore.uris</name>
>>>   <value>/home/users/jtv/CDH3/hive/conf/metastore_db</value>
>>> </property>
>>>

>>> root@ip-10-114-18-63:/home/users/jtv# hive -f ./scripts/log25.q
>>> hive-log4j.properties not found
>>> Hive history file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201112120332_1795396613.txt
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:03 INFO exec.HiveHistory: Hive history
>>> file=/tmp/root/hive_job_log_root_201112120332_1795396613.txt
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:03 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parsing command: CREATE TABLE
>>> log25_tbl (OperationEvent STRING, HostIP STRING, StartTime STRING,
>>> SourceRepo STRING, SourceFolder STRING, DestRepo STRING, DestFolder STRING,
>>> EntityOrObject STRING, BytesSent STRING, TotalTimeInSecs STRING) COMMENT
>>> 'This is the Log_25 Table'
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO parse.ParseDriver: Parse Completed
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO parse.SemanticAnalyzer: Starting Semantic Analysis
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO parse.SemanticAnalyzer: Creating table log25_tbl
>>> position=13
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO ql.Driver: Semantic Analysis Completed
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO ql.Driver: Returning Hive schema:
>>> Schema(fieldSchemas:null, properties:null)
>>> 11/12/12 03:32:04 INFO ql.Driver: Starting command: CREATE TABLE